29 October 2010

1 Year

Happy Birthday, goose. You are one year old today. 

Yesterday we found out you have your first ear infection. What I thought would have been miserable went pretty well. You are a trooper in the truest form (you are your mother's son after all.) I love that we spent most of the day cuddling, snoozing and eating plenty snacks. You are my favorite co-pilot (don't tell your dad...yet.) You never leave a dull moment in our day.

Looking back I see you as this precious, miraculous little baby that entered the world and changed our lives forever. You captured my heart, dear one, and continue to every day. I never thought it was possible to love someone so deeply when I had just met you. Thank you for being you.


 
It took us a while to figure out how to nurse, but I'm glad we did. It's been such a miracle. You are a fighter.

 
Your daddy was (and is) caught up in staring at you, admiring you, loving you, cherishing you. You truly have the best daddy in the world. He is such an incredible example of the way Jesus loves you. p.s. I love the wrinkles on your forehead.



Your Aunt Mags fell in love with you too.

and so did Grandpa

and Grandma


and cousins


and great-grandparents 


You've already adventured so much in your short little life and I love to see you enjoy it. 














I pray you will be bold, my little one. That you will love Christ with all you are. That you will do mighty things for His kingdom. 

You are loved. So deeply and unconditionally loved. 

I can't wait to watch the adventures that you encounter and the friends that you make. I can't wait to see you with your siblings and see you on your first day of school. You have such an incredible purpose here, and I'm so glad I get to watch you explore the world.

Oh, and please don't grow up too fast. 



Flashback Friday Button

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...