21 October 2010

Love

I drove along an open, empty road this morning. The clouds cascaded the sky like a blanket and occasion sunlight peaked through. There were dark, bloated clouds, ready to burst with rain. There was haze, fog and occasional sprinkles. It was beautiful. The mountains of Prescott constantly amaze me.

As I drove this song came on the ipod and I took a breath, chewed on the words for a while and prayed each word quietly as Jack slept behind me.

And the problem is this
We were bought with a kiss
But the cheek still turned
Even when it wasn’t hit

And I don’t know
What to do with a love like that
And I don’t know
How to be a love like that

When all the love in the world
Is right here among us
And hatred too
And so we must choose
What our hands will do

Where there is pain
Let there be grace
Where there is suffering
Bring serenity
For those afraid
Help them be brave
Where there is misery
Bring expectancy
And surely we can change
Surely we can change
Something











The sky kept changing, the clouds kept moving like melting marshmallows and my heart kept getting nudged. I prayed that He will teach us how to be love like He is. To love the way He does and with humility yet consistency. How to love even when it's hard and especially when we don't feel like it. To love by His love and not by our own strength. What does that even look like? It's Him. All the examples in the Word of how Christ loved and loved enough to die for us. That's what it looks like.

2 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great post - I love the photo. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I am the luckiest guy in the world.
-your man

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...