31 March 2011

saving the day


Let me just start by saying that I love these spring days.
Even more than the warm weather, I love spending them with friends. What could have potentially been a rough day with a one-year-old (who woke up at the butt crack of dawn) and who didn't want to eat much of anything for breakfast, turned into a lovely day sitting in the sun while our boys played in the sand and dirt. I sent my friend an urgent text before John even left for work saying, "Jack is having a mini-meltdown. Must evacuate." and we did. To Goodwill for dollar day and then to Christine's house to let the boys explore the new swing set. Side note: none of the boys even knew the slide and swings existed. They were too into the sand and trucks. I imagine they will change one day, but for today, it was nice.
I've been so tired lately, I can't even explain it. Could be the sugar crash from the weekend, or the fact that I've really been keeping overly busy (not my top fav in life) and not allowing for much chill time. I've also been cranky (or creeky cranky as Thomas the Train calls it) and I feel kiiindd of emotional by 9:00pm each night. 
so thankful for..

1. I need to say here (not to get all sappy) that I am so so thankful for my husband. He is incredible. He is so available and ready to help. He is supportive and carefree and listens when I need to vent. He doesn't let me wallow in my exhaustion, but rather reminds me to go to sleep and that busyness comes in seasons and we need to embrace it while its there because it will slow down and there will be plenty of time to relax and share long, beloved conversations. He is the man.
 

2. I am thankful for friendships. I have had many wonderful and dear friends over the years and treasure each friendship so tenderly. I am thankful for friends that get you, that understand you and can walk through things with you. I'm so thankful for friends who know you better than most and know secrets that some might not know. I'm thankful for friends to share life with, to cry with and of course, to laugh with.

3. I'm thankful for new Office episodes. I cried. I loved it. I can't wait to see tonight's episode (tomorrow on Hulu)

4. So thankful for birthdays celebrated and baby girl clothes admired. It was a wonderful weekend.

5. Thankful for my mom who will help me clean our condo at last minute's notice. She is incredible and taught me how to clean like nobodies business.

6. Thankful to live close enough to a big city to enjoy their consignment stores, yogurt land's and trader joes. But far enough away that we can enjoy fresh air, little traffic and lots of hunting.
7. Thankful for spring weather and the return of flip flops. 

8. Replacing an old diet with a fresh one and trying something new. Thankful for the funds to be able to do that.


9. seeing Jack play with his train set. He's getting it, he's pretending and moving the train around as if it's really on a track on the island of Sodor (too much Thomas?) His mind is full of fresh creativity and newness. I can't wait to hear him talk.

10. So very thankful for a good nights rest and a healthy nap for my boy. Now, to make dinner.

P.S.
the bread that I wrote about last week was AMAZING! Do try it. Still incredible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! My oldest played with trains.

Moments and Impressions said...

What a great list... Husband, your mom and friends - what a great support system.

Jamie Kubeczka said...

These are great. I host thankful thursdays every week and would love for you to join in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...