20 December 2010

miscellany monday

1. We tend to become movie fanatics in December. Well, not just in December, but this time of year just begs for a good movie viewing.

Some of my top favs to watch around Christmas are...(in no particular order)

1. Lord of the Rings
2. Elf
3. The Family Stone
4. Little Women
5. Holiday Inn
6. Meet Me In St. Louis
7. Harry Potter
8. Claymation Christmas

I'm only about halfway through my list, but we'll get there! We have five more days, people!

This year we watched a movie called Lovely Still. It was...beautiful and sad all at the same time. A gem. 

What are your favorite Christmas movies? I've been on a search for gems to watch this year!


2. Last year we saw Avatar. It was a late, 3D showing and Jack was only a couple of months old. I was exhausted, a new mom  and trying to figure out how to balance everything. I'll be honest, those were some difficult days. Jack slept in the Moby wrap for the first half and then awoke to a dark 3D movie theater. My dear brother volunteered to take over (he already saw the movie) and stood in the doorway with the little bean.

3. Last week we saw Narnia and it was...good. I'll just leave it at that. I'm sort of borderline movie snob. Don't tell anyone. 

4. Jack's little personality is blooming. He could read books (er, be read to) nearly all day. A couple of times a day I just put him in his crib with his favorite stuffed animal (Li-Li the Lion is the current fav.) and a stack of books and he's good for about 15 minutes. Other times, he runs wild around the house, the yard, the store and anywhere his paranoid mother lets him. A time to settle down and relax is his time in the bath. Or is that just for me?



5. This week is full of Christmas activities and some cooking time at my parent's house. Sometimes I wish there was a machine to make you a kid again at Christmas time. 


6. Christmas morning we eat amazing cinnamon rolls, egg casserole, grapefruits and ready coffee. Such nostalgic food. What other dishes are there to eat? 


7. This picture I found while digging through last year's album's. It brings such joy. I love my sister's face in this. I love dad's face too, but my sister's is priceless. Is my dad texting? jk.



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...