28 April 2011

hot cross buns


On Easter Sunday I went on a vigorous search for hot cross buns. According to the baker at Fry's grocery there were none in our tri-city location. Seriously. What was I doing searching for the buns on Easter morning? Traditions a little too late. Next year, I'm makin' 'em on my own.

 
Oh well, I did find a Thomas pez for Jackboy and he loves it. I have a special place in my heart for Pez dispensers and was so excited that Jack can share my love for pez and their dispensers.

My man also surprised me with some of the most colorful flowers in all the world (courtesy of dye. and love.)




Sunday we celebrated Christ's resurrection and it was a beautiful day. John's sermon was incredible and God used it in some awesome ways. After church I brought Jack home and we got the car ready, munched on peeps, packed up food, cameras, Easter baskets and trains to make the treck with John down to Grandma and Grandpa's. With them, the celebration continued and we caught up with family we don't see often enough and enjoyed an incredible lunch. Jack played in the yard with Gracie, chased her with the ball (but not realizing she was chasing him to get the ball out of his hand.) Jack played with his older cousin Andy and with trains all day long


This Easter I was reminded of/experienced a new truth of God and the reality that He knows the pain of losing a child and has experienced it himself. Not only did He lose a child, but a grown man, His only son and it grieved Him to do lose him, but He did it for our sake and so that we might live. That fact blows my mind. Having lost two wee ones, I know He has experienced that same pain, but I didn't lose those kiddos so that others might live. If I'm really honest with myself, I'm not sure I could do that. As a mama, I would die for my kiddos, but don't think I could let them die so others could live. It's the greatest sacrifice. It's mercy in all it's greatness knowing we don't deserve it, but He did it anyway. 


I read this article a few weeks ago and was so touched by the truths in it. 


So thankful for Easter and the mercy that it holds. That we don't deserve, but He gives it freely. So thankful Jesus lives so we can have a personal relationship with Him.



 I would like to be able to leave out the part about how Jack was the most restless sleeper on Easter night and that he was up by 5:30am after barely sleeping that night and playing hard all day and runnin' on a one hour nap, but I can't. Because he ate too much candy. Because that's how that night went and I felt like I had a newborn come Monday morning. Where did my toddler go? Praise Jesus he returned Monday night and slept strait until 7:30. That-a-boy.

 reconnecting and sharing old stories. 

 my grandpa. such a sweet man. 

 I love how Jack is leaning in to Andy in this picture. So cute.



Maggie is truly a beautiful lady. I love sisters and the unique relationship that they share and I especially love seeing Maggie as she nears graduating from high school. I'm so proud of her and woman that she has become. I can't wait to see where her life leads to.




Seeing my Pops with his little grandson really warms my heart. Not only do they look like twins, but he has such a deep and unshakable love for babies. And Aaron's blue eyes, omygoodness.





Easter has come and gone and next is Mother's Day. In other news, my plants are really growing. I'm excited to see what the end of the summer holds! Thanks to dear friends with years of experience and helpful tips, we might just be able to eat some of the fruits of this labor.





3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've never really seen a baby look like any adult....especially a baby and a granddad. But your little guy and his grandpa....spittin image!

Kjbikakis said...

omg 3rd picture down, the eldest boy in the red wagon looks like my brother, i seriously did a double take at the picture!

Sharelle said...

My friend -

On Saturday night before Easter matt was frantically driving around trying to find hot cross buns. He ended up finding some just before midnight. It's always been a family tradition for him too and he wanted to bring it to our house.

Don't you love it when lives parallel from hundreds of miles away?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...