29 January 2005

israel...the vision, the passion, the dream...


israel...the vision, the passion, the dream...
Originally uploaded by mellesmitty.

...for about seven months now i feel Jesus has called me to work with His chosen people, the Jews. Whether it is here or in Israel or in Russia or the Ukraine...my heart is there with them and whatever and however Jesus can use me. maybe i won't go for a while but perhaps I will...what an amazing concept that is. giving Jesus complete control of your life. this young girl here in town is always sharing with me what Jesus is doing in her life and in doing so she always states "it's so amazing what Jesus will do with your life when you give Him control of it." i always smile and nod but one time i really thought of it. am i giving Him control? so often, and most recently,i have felt like Frodo in Return Of The King when Frodo refuses to give up the ring and Gollum is on his back, demanding that he have it. In some weird sort of way, and forgive me if this makes no sense, i feel like Jesus has to bite my finger off to get certain things i refuse to give to Him. I want to, I mean to, but i just can't. I am addicted to wanting it. How strange. Most of us our like that I guess...but it blows my mind that Jesus is willing to bite off our finger to get it and rid us of the heart ache and help us through the healing process of the aftermath. Incredible. i'll have more Lord Of The RIngs comparisons later.

1 comment:

Spiro said...

mel.
this weekend i saw an old friend that i grew up with... i knew she had gone to the capernwray a few years ago, so we talked. somehow we got onto the subject of israel. oh israel. she had worked at a hostel. i jumped to my feet when i heard that. "was it the shelter?" "johan shepp?!?!" i couldn't believe it. one thing led to another and I've decided to go.
That is, if they'll have me.
I know that you've meant to go, but that that they didn't need volunteers. my friend said that she got in contact with them two years before she went. so I sent off an e-mail about summer 2006. we'll see... but i knew that i had to tell you about this development. I love your heart mel, and I love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...