30 July 2010

Will a Heart Explode if It Loves Too Much?

These two melt my heart. Every.Single.Time.




I love the feeling of little hands tugging on my shirt.

It something so sweet and so simple that I often find myself not even realizing he's doing it.

We spent a couple of days in Sedona with my parents for a little vacation. It was beautiful. It stormed every afternoon and we were able to see beautiful red rocks and enjoy plenty of yummy food.

Sometimes I don't think my heart can expand any more with love for this little guy. Seeing John as his dad and seeing our little gem grow and change is just magic. He is already nine months old! My heart is overflowing.

Though there are the hard times. Like lately, we co-sleep and so that means every night around 1:00am or so John brings Jackboy into our bed and we sleep, nurse, sleep, nurse off and on all night. For a while, I hardly even woke up to feed him. Lately he has discovered his limbs and with that comes tossing and turning and crawling all while half asleep. I'm not sure what I should do. Do I love having him sleep with us? Yes. Is it MUCH easier than waking up and going into his room to nurse him back to sleep? Double YES. But do I feel tired and grumpy when the morning comes? ....yes.

Dr. Sears suggests using different techniques to get a co-sleeping baby to sleep better at night. I'm going to try some of them, but to be perfectly honest I am just plain tired. I think something needs to change, but I'm not quite sure what the plan of attack is just yet. Ask me in another six months.

For now. I'm trying to just take it all in and savor every minute.

...Savor the new pout lip that is produced when he is told "no."
...Savor the open mouth slobber kisses he loves to plant on my cheek.
...Savor the constant crawling and discovering he does.
...Savor his "perch" on the window sill to look out onto our (not nearly landscaped) yard and talk to the trees.
...Savor his morning smiles and laughter that brings such joy.
...Savor the way he rests his head on our shoulder for snuggle time.
...Savor each moment because he seems to be changing so fast I'm not sure I can keep up.


Oh, did I mention he's FINALLY getting his first tooth? Nine months!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Such great pictures and you speak the truth so well. Keep enjoying each moment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...