29 September 2008

.a current joy.




Bollywood dancing is a truly enjoyable, feminine way of dancing. My fascination began a couple of years ago when my cousin introduced me to belly dancing. We spent an hour prancing around her room to Indian music--and had smiles plastered on our faces the entire time. I love dancing in any way possible, but belly dancing is something so beautiful and captivating that truly celebrates the beauty of a woman.

I rented this DVD from the library and LOVED the workout. I don't even know if I could call it a workout. I'm not an exercise person (as many of you know) but I actually LAUGHED as I danced with this one. It's a blast. There's such a simplicity to belly dancing--almost like it's instilled in a woman.


My dream, someday, is to be able to dance like the beautiful Aishwarya Rai.


Yeah, right. Maybe not.

///

I've had so many post ideas lately! Inspirations, shall we say.
The first ones was this:

T
hese were a pleasant Autumn surprise I found at... Anthropologie...but I resisted and didn't get them---even though the big owl was only $12. (I'm regretting it now.) They reminded me of Bridget (who I've only met once, but shared a connection with.)

I had never really enjoyed owls until she started writing about them. In fact, in a matter of a year they are a SUPER popular and I discover owls everywhere! (Including Target, which is much better prices.) Needless to say, this Bridgetreminder brought along a dream later that night. In my dream we were in a house and I saw her little guy Finn running around barefoot. I smiled, said hello and he looked up at me and said a very, VERY complex, sophisticated, not-likely-for-a-1-year-old-say. I still can't remember what it was, but I was impressed.
I think it was because of this commercial:



I love it! At the end of my dream I kept telling Bridget how impressed I was of Finn...little genius. (Which he truly is.)





the end.

3 comments:

lanes said...

I love Bollywood movies! Have you seen Dil Chahta Hai? Such a good... I've always wanted to learn how to belly dance, too. Lately I've just wanted to take dance classes again somewhere.

And you're right about the owls... very popular right now! I saw a glass owl lamp at Urban Outfitters and almost bought it, it was adorable!

Bridget Beth said...

Hey I just saw that chick on Ellen! Belly dancers always make me want to go somewhere exotic and sit on pillows and eat rosewater pistachio ice cream and listen to Indian music.

And I have one of those mugs! It was a present. It's the perfect size, I want to get more. I love them!

I first started like owls because my late grandmother did. She was such a quirky, lovely old bird. I'd like to think I'm a bit like her :)

Perhaps your dream was prophecy? I hope so! I would love to see you again soon! And I'm sure Finn would love it, too.

Les is more said...

Alright! Sunday. 1:00. Bookmans. Back room. Morgiana. Lets dance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...