21 October 2009

Last Minute Purchase Before Jack Comes


Although I've had this CD for a few years, it takes on a whole new meaning listening to it as a soon-to-be mom.

These songs are precious and sung by one of my favorite artists. One song has been spinning in my head again and again...

"When you reach the proper age
I will teach you to read and you can turn the pages.
How to dress and tie your shoes
Your one plus ones, and your two times two's


And you'll teach me

Of hearts and dreams
And all the most important things
And all that i have lost along the way
And I can't wait

As you grow, I'll show you things
How to ride your bike and kick your legs out on the swings
To fold your hands and bow your head
How to say your prayers before you go to bed
And you'll teach me
Of hearts and dreams
And all the most important things
And all that I have lost along the way
And I can't wait
...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Mel, our Mel... that song has been in my head for days! Synchronized minds. Wonder-ous.

Oh how thrilled I am for you. The time, the time, the time has come...

Praying. Calling. Hopefully tonight.
your kate.

Tricia said...

I love Sarah Groves!!!! Maybe one day, far from now, I'll be listening to that album and relating to it the way you do.

Mel, you would love Glee! It's the closest things to a musical TV show I've ever seen. It's about a high school glee club, so it has lots of humor, some romance, some drama, and lots of awesome singing. It's on fox, but I watch it on www.megavideo.com or www.hulu.com. Might be a good thing to do as you're recovering from that natural child birth thing... I can't wait to see pictures of your baby, I'm sure you can't either :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...